Sponsored by the C. B. Gitty Tupelo Tenor 4-string Box Guitar Kit

We cover a lot of 3-string lessons on Cigar Box Nation, but with so many people are creating 4-string instruments, we thought we'd compile some of the best of Shane's 4-string lessons.

The first two lessons give blues basics using an Open G Tuning:  (GDGB, low to high)

Next up are some really cool lessons using a G7 tuning (GDFB), giving you a swinging jazz-blues feel.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks!
    Will also use my Daddy Mojo ;)
  • Thanks for these lessons, Shane.  I will use them on my Mississippi License Plate Resonator...especally the G7 stuff!1727277127?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Man, I wish I had seen this about a year ago.  I love this tuning and I play the crap out of it.   Darn my action is a bit high for that 12th fret lick.    Great lesson,  

Also a good 1 finger Em at the 3rd fret of the third string.  

Nice 3 finger Am at the first string first fret, and 2nd and third strings second fret.  (strum the small 3)

Nice 3 finger F with first string fretted at the first fret, 2nd string fretted at the 2nd fret and 3rd string fretted at the 3rd.   Strum just the small 3.   This and the G and C you've shown lets someone play in the key of C.

3 string folks: try this tuning!

• Did you build that gitty? If so, where did you get the neck? Was it already fretted, or did you fret it yourself?

• Thanks for these lessons, Shane.  "If you're going to build cigar box guitars, better learn how to play them" - I'm trying to take that pearl of wisdom to heart.

This reply was deleted.