Replies

• I use 320 grit on aluminum look good to me.

• I think 1500 might be a little too fine. For sandpaper, try some wet or dry sandpaper in the 240 to 400 grit range. Or steel wool, or a coarse Scotch brite pad. Try to keep your lines straight.

You can practice on a scrap first to see if it looks good, before doing the real thing.

• Thanks for all the responses friends. It's good to know there's so much knowledge here. Attitude but not bad attitude, cool!
      All the best from Bill. :D
  • If you have a rotary tool such as a Dremel, then Dremel makes a buffing wheel that is made of a similar material to a Scotch Brite pad.  They call them "abrasive buffs" and they are for the EZ Lock mandrel system.  The package I have in front of me is Dremel part/stock number 511E.

• scotch bright is very good for this.

when you rub go in one direction other wise the brush affect will be all over the place.

• you can just use a small pad sander,just hold it still for a bit,then move on,about 240 grit leaves a nice etch

•       A paint removers scrub pad. will do it or a pan scrubber like you are talking will give finer finish. How about taking a round wire brush and putting it in a drill press and setting the stop so it will give a swirl brush pattern?  Maybe overlap brush pattern and walk it around. It would be time consuming, but maybe worth it..Just a thought. BH

This reply was deleted.