Replies

• Ron Lutz did some, you might want to check out his stuff & ask a few questions?

3585707495?profile=RESIZE_710x

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHEb42dUqT8

heres one way to hollow out a guitat... its been posted a few years ago but i couldnt find the post here...

•  Hi James, I did not understand your question at first, until I read BrianQ's response and the mention of Weisenborne slide guitars. I have built a few hollow neck acoustic lap slide guitars, pictured here, and a fun build hollow slide using an antique violin case.

The timber you mentioned I would think would need to be thinned a whole lot for a top and back, to work well acoustically.

Taff

306669379?profile=RESIZE_710x 306669401?profile=RESIZE_710x 153858867?profile=RESIZE_710x 3582729333?profile=RESIZE_710x

• That's what I thought about the thickness...

My vision is for something like a Fouke rail but made of wood rather than aluminum...

IMG_20180220_083203.jpg

• For Sure its a beauty, but the sound is a big old tubescreamer ,or some other wicket Metal distortion!  and the 25 3/4 choice is so your not stuck whit the hawaian scale and rock riff some in a way your use to (for as far as your use to Rocking That is ) Metal on Metal !!

• Hi, if it's got pickups you can use anything you like as a build material.

Here's an idea.....If you have one of those drop side type dining tables, build the pickup into the drop down end and put strings on top. Then just raise it to play and lower it to eat.ha ha.

Taff

• Yes, check out Wiessenborn guitar, not square but hollow? I have also seen lap steels on the market that are hollow under the fretboard  or traditionally Guzheng or Shamisen? I have seen some people here put two boxes together to make a lap slide? 

This reply was deleted.