I'm baaaaack for a bit. Some might remember me, I've been gone quite some tims.

Long story short, I moved from CBG's to making full size guitars, mostly T-style. Made about 15-20 of them, even sold  3. I switched because my cbg skillset had sort of plateaued.

My build designs are still influenced on some by the cbg world, this experiment is one of them.

I'm building a reso-Tele. Paint can lid, floating brass bridge, semi-hollow, etc., you'll get it from the pix.

Problem is I have no idea how to put the reso stuff together......Help!

P.S., the hardboard guard is a template, not the real guard.

DOBRO 3.jpg

DOBRO 1.jpg

DOBRO 2.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you thought of using a bolt/biscuit? Scrap piece of hardwood, 5/16” bolt, easy peasy?
    10778601671?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Since the whole progect is experimental/developmental, I am not agin' it.

• I agree with Brian. I made my own, but the combo of wood(biscuit) and steel(bridge bolt) works great on reso cones.

• Sorry about the slow response, my email wasn't working for a couple weeks. The Strat-O-Rez guitar sounds great, just like a resonator should.

The dull plywood body allows the good ringing tone of the aluminum skillet. Not all dog bowls, can lids, gas cans and skillets sound good, have to do the tap test for that ringing tone.IMO

• I put an aluminum 8" skillet in a plywood Strat body a few years ago. Piezo on bottom of skillet, bridge is bolt on top of wood in center of skillet, 2 P90 type pickups, 5-way switch, 500k pots.10751098472?profile=RESIZE_710x

• How's it sound?

• Hi, Here is a better view. It's actually for a 12-string guitar...

10740096864?profile=RESIZE_710x

Taff
    • Ye4ah, I think that's what I have...

This reply was deleted.