Greetings.  I found about about the cigar box guitar less than two weeks ago (via Sir Paul), and already I've ordered one and written a piece about it.

I'm a novelist (and a bad slide guitarist), originally from Canada, now in Mexico, via Manhattan.

The piece is on the front page of the Huffington Post, and is getting a bunch of attention.  Not sure why people are reading about guitars, ten minutes before the end of the world, but it says something good about our species.  I link to this site, via the Resofiddle, but -- like an idiot -- I neglected to mention Cigar Box Nation by name.  Sorry about that.   Of course, people will find it in a nanosecond, if they start looking into the CBG with Google, etc.

The article is here:  http://huff.to/XU4aFV

Hope I didn't make any egregious errors.  As I say:  this is all new to me.  But I'll have my Bluesboy Jag Avo Heritage in a few days...

Nice to be here!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don't feel bad about your playing-i'm still mastering the intricacies of 'Mary Had Aa Little Lamb' and the opening riff of Smoke on the Water'...

I hope you stick around the Nation for awhile-and once you've had a little fun with your CBG, build a few for even more fun! If a ham-fisted,near-sighted and tone-deaf idiot like me can make playable instruments out of cookie tins,boxes and tennis raccquets, then ANYBODY can!
  • Hi and welcome to The Nation.

You realise you have fallen down the rabbit hole and there is no going back don't you? Like Alice you are in for a mysterious journey filled with amazing characters with back stories that will entrance you as much as their playing & builds :D

• i  think  your "coolness"   just stepped  up   a notch  ;-) 

• That's all that matters.

(Although it would be nice to pick up a few more skills as a guitarist. Competence would do.)

• I like how casual you are in referring to yourself as being a novelist  ;-)

• Hey, it's my job!

(Whereas slide guitarist very much isn't my job.  *I* wouldn't hire me to play guitar.)

This reply was deleted.