Replies

• The handle on my Fender lunchbox doesn't rattle, but a couple of differences are:  I glued 1/8" plywood on the inside of all sides and top and bottom of the lunchbox.  And it has a hardtail bridge that is screwed right into the through the body neck which reduces vibration of the lid etc. The result is it's not very acoustic, but it has a magnetic pickup.  When I plug it into a 75watt amp and crank it up I think the handle rattles a bit, but so do the windows.  Mike, I know this isn't very helpful, but I think turning it into a wood box does help. The lunchbox just seemed a bit flimsy so I added the wood to sturdy it up.  I did the same thing to the kitty litter box guitar with 3/16" plywood as the cardboard was way too light to support anything.  Maybe a little silicone adhesive on the rattle points to "rubberize" the contact points on the handle?

• You could stuff a toothpick in the hinge.. it would let it move, but keep it from rattling.

• Maybe replace the metal pieces that connect the handle with plastic zip ties, or make loops with string. Nice git BTW! 

• lunch box handle  ?   hot glue dabs  inside the brackets  .  you  can glue  it  in  the up  position , or  down  . 

• yes , Thats what I was thinking.

This reply was deleted.