Hello Everyone!

I want to tune my 3 string CBG in Open D tuning but I'm not sure as to how I should arrange the notes I want and which strings I should use accordingly. I figured there's a many of you who could help me out. Normally I play open G on my four string Doing DGBD so for open D on 3 strings should I go for DAF#, DAD, or F#AD??? And I'd like to stick with having the 1st string a high E string from an acoustic guitar string set but of course I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

-Cris

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I went with ADF# with a medium set of strings but i think i'm gonna switch over to a light gauge they were a bit too solid

MichaelS Country Boy Guitars said:
    What tuning did you go with?  I tune mine to Dad, with 26, 17, 13 strings.
  • What tuning did you go with?  I tune mine to Dad, with 26, 17, 13 strings.
  • I should point out, that this part (Dgb)d of Open G tuning on a 4 string CBG is the same major scale intervals (513) as the Devil tuning ADf# on a 3 string tuning. All the chord shapes and fingerings are the same. The only difference is that one CBG sounds in the key of G, the other CBG sounds in the key of D. More relativity. Enjoy your practice, Keni Lee   
  • You were right I totally found my answer!
  • http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/a-cigar-box-guitar-players-2  Keni Lee Burgess will show ya.
This reply was deleted.