I've gut got my hands on a canjo and would love to put a pickup in it but not sure otpf the right placement 

Views: 726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was playing around with sticking a piezo disc on the canjo I built.  Seems anywhere on the can is fine, the flat part (unless you are using a flat can) would surely be easiest.  On my canjos, I build them with the stick going inside the can, and tried it on there too.  It worked, but it all got in the way.

Dan

Cheers for that job for tomorrow me thinks 

Thanx for the help guys 

Some people take a standard single coil and turn it sideways so the string runs over top of all 6 magnet poles.

Yea, but if he was already considering a piezo, then feedback from a single coil is the least of his problems. :-)

I bought a cap o tone jr piezo disc. I am going to put it on my canjo but do they sell the part to attach the jack at a hardware store or how do I put it on? 

Don't know about hardware stores, but you'll most likely find jacks at an electronics store like Radio Shack or someplace.  

Why don't you check at cbgitty.com for one. They have kits already soldered with the jacks and/or pots.  Makes it easy to hook up.

Gitty doesn't have the part I need. I'm getting my piezo from there.

I've built a lot of Canjos with pickups, comes down to the type of the pickup and how many. If its just a single disc Piezo, either right under the bridge on a big body or centre of the body if its small, usually on the lid works best. got more than one disc piezo, one either side of the bridge, just not to close together. If you got a single coil or a Humbucker, I just put it in the neck position or as far away from the bridge as possible, but that's my preference for tone. Hope this helps.

CBGitty sells the jack plate you want to use...

I recently Tackled this endeavor.  I used a 12mm piezo and put it as far back toward the end of the stick as I could and ran a cable through it.  Couldnt find the right hardware either, so I just made my own from scrap wood lying around.  

Right on, pure handmade goodness!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Neck though corner

Started by Engblom in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Infirmity Citrus President on Sunday. 2 Replies

Canjo pickups

Started by David Blackburn in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Byrd Franklin Dec 22, 2022. 5 Replies

CIGAR BOX NATION CHRISTMAS ALBUM 2022

Started by Slowpaw Steve T in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker Dec 22, 2022. 21 Replies

DYI Box

Started by Jerry Draper in Using cigarboxnation.com - posting, profiles, web help. Last reply by Jerry Draper Dec 16, 2022. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

A Tribute

Posted by Ghostbuttons on January 15, 2023 at 12:00pm 1 Comment

Let’s talk Aeolian…

Posted by BrianQ. on August 26, 2022 at 5:05pm 0 Comments

Latest Activity

Poorness Studios liked Doug Thorsvik's video
49 minutes ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
55 minutes ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

FORD Hubcap slide BCB 2023

Having some video fun !picking the BCB Ford HubCap rezzo, juicing upwhit some video Art, just so your eyes and ears get all the input they Need /can handle...
57 minutes ago
Randy S. Bretz and Anthony adams are now friends
1 hour ago
Jim Booth replied to Jim Booth's discussion Guitar Rack
"Found it. Thanks!"
1 hour ago
Scott Schoepf liked Poorness Studios's photo
3 hours ago
Fergus Lester liked RON NORTHCUTT's photo
7 hours ago
Fergus Lester commented on Fergus Lester's photo
Thumbnail

Non CBG

"Yes this guitar sounds great with it. I'll share some videos later"
7 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Anthony adams
9 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to Jim Booth's discussion Guitar Rack
"I think I remember it was called the “lean back cbg guitar rack” by Janis Wilson Hughes…"
9 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on RON NORTHCUTT's photo
Thumbnail

newstrummer finished 1

"I’m definitely a fan of less is more Ron! Cool build."
13 hours ago
Brian Halstead updated their profile
14 hours ago

Music

© 2023   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->