Hello all

Thanks the for approving me to join. I am looking to build my first cigar box soon. I have found my cigar box of choice, now just have to pop down to B&Q to get a length of poplar. I will make sure to post updates. I may have to ask about bracing later on.

Seeyou all around :-) 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your local skip will be a better supplier of timber than B&Q. I've three under construction at the moment using timber from a discarded mahogany stair rail and still enough left over for another two necks

• Where are you located in the UK? If you're anywhere near Leeds, I can recommend John Boddy Timber at Boroughbridge. But I'm sure wherever you are there'll be a small timber yard that'll have what your after. 

• yeah try the warehouses that import large machinery, theyll have bins full of crates, nice plywood and good asian rainforest hardwood bearers ;)

(lots of nails to pull)

• Thanks for the advice guys. Maybe I see for a different supplier.

• hardwood at B&Q..?  let me know if you find any Daniel - i managed to find a hardwood supplier out in the "sticks" ('scuse the pun!) as the aforementioned store and Homebase only had pine wood or very highly priced thin strips of hardwood beading, but many on here get a lot done with skip wood and a bandsaw! (-;

welcome to CBN!

• I was just going from advice I'd got. No one specifically said they stocked it but, the general consensus was, 'oh sure, they'll have some poplar'.

• 306142810?profile=original

This reply was deleted.