Replies

• I think it's: "D" - "A" - "Poy"
  • Thank you for your comments and purchases. I appreciate your support. If you go with the 151 (GDg) tuning, you can tune the high g down to f# (major 7th), f (7th), or e (6th). This is a method Shane uses to experiment and discover new ideas. Enjoy.

Catalyst said:
    Thank you Keni. I recently purchased your cd and previously your 'how to play.." video cd and enjoy them both tremendously! Thank you for sharing your gifts.

Keni Lee Burgess said:
    In classical Hawaiian Slack Key guitar they call Open G Taro Patch Tuning (DGDgbd). You can reduce this down to GDg / 151 (using ADg from a standard pack of strings) or gbd / 135 (using strings gbe)
    This of course if different from lap style.
    Hope this is helpful. Enjoy.
  • Thank you Keni. I recently purchased your cd and previously your 'how to play.." video cd and enjoy them both tremendously! Thank you for sharing your gifts.

Keni Lee Burgess said:
    In classical Hawaiian Slack Key guitar they call Open G Taro Patch Tuning (DGDgbd). You can reduce this down to GDg / 151 (using ADg from a standard pack of strings) or gbd / 135 (using strings gbe)
  • In classical Hawaiian Slack Key guitar they call Open G Taro Patch Tuning (DGDgbd). You can reduce this down to GDg / 151 (using ADg from a standard pack of strings) or gbd / 135 (using strings gbe)
  • Hey, thanks Jef. Thats alot of good info. Can u break it down to a 3 string?(if possible) Thanks man,

Jef Long said:
    usually its c6.. for a 6 string u omit the low e string and start with an A string.. down on thru the g string, use 2 g strings in a row...

then tune cegace

if u have a 7 or 8 string u add an A down the bottom
  • usually its c6.. for a 6 string u omit the low e string and start with an A string.. down on thru the g string, use 2 g strings in a row...

then tune cegace

if u have a 7 or 8 string u add an A down the bottom
  • You could try A6 (Hawaiian tuning): A,E,F#
This reply was deleted.