I'm thinking how to make steampunk microphone.
I don't wanna use any plastic covers shells etc.

Tea ball mic looks great and steamy. Problem is tha it sound tinny and
high frequencies. Maybe if I make it right it don't sound ? This looks great but too big http://handmademusicclubhouse.com/photo/crystal-element-harp-microphone-2. Bullet mics are great.

First I need to find right microphone element. I Like to have vintage sound.
I was thinking to dynamic mic. For Tea egg etc. Its to big

second I need shell. Maybe I can find something in hardware store or some store.
Tea ball sieve and small sieve looks great for bullet mic front cover.

5679724351_9ebcee10b9.jpg

bluexlab_dimensions.jpg

mics.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If U get the Dynamic Mic element, then use a 10Kohm Audio Pot for Volume, U should be fine,I would use the Bigger Element for it,smaller ones rattle too much.

• 306000648?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024This is the type of volume pot i use in my harp mic`s..Bourne 10k 3/4 turn

• 306001105?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024This one has Shure [ green bullet ]  guts in it

• I may have put my post in the wrong place (I'm new here) ;-)

So here it is again, (Maybe I'm just starved for attention)

Hey those are some great looking mics!! What I used for a shell is the end caps for hain link fence posts with an ABS insert that is threaded that accepts sink tail piece slip nut. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!!
          What is the name of that molding compound?

• Maybe I can use some sort of transformer ?

I find that I can buy Impedants-trafo 10 Kohms / 1 Kohms

I think I need Impedance transformer what makes Impedance right for guitar amp.

• I looked on google for in-line impedance transformers and it seems low to high is:

low-impedance input of 200 to 250 ohms to a high-impedance output of 50,000 ohms

But yes, you would need a transformer to go from low to high. 

• I live in estonia. Buying form ebay is more expensive than buying in store.

• Well I think the first mic element you posted will work, just remember it'll be mic level, not instrument level

• You have a pic of the Shure R-198 element that can be easily wired Hi Z or Lo Z.

I'm putting mine in a tomato paste can with a screen sound hole cover.

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/gimme-microphone

A buying option for the mic:  R198 on Amazon.com

305985296?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.