hey all making progress on my LPG got it wired and fretted but I find my tailpiece is just a smidge too low (that is 1/8" for you precise folks) so I need to shim it.  what would you pros suggest? a piece of metal cut to the same size?  a piece of walnut or maple cut to the same size or oversize?  I'm just not sure how to go about this, and as it is really a mag pickup electric I guess the transfer of vibration tot eh top isn't of paramount importance but I'd still like it to have a bit of a nice acoustic tone.  Other ideas?  Help me out I really am not sure what to do and would like input.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Regarding the bridge being too low - in the photo it can still be adjusted to a higher level using the two grub screws on each of the metal saddle pieces (they often come with a small L shaped hex key to do this). That is one of the benefits of a bridge of this type. Also once in place and strung up you can use the screw at the tail end (the one passing through a spring and screwing into the saddle block) on each string to adjust intonation.

Step 4 and 5 of this article shows what I mean with pictures
    http://www.projectguitar.com/articles.html/_/tutorials/instrument-s...
    • yes, I pulled a string down and with them adjusted all the way up it gets barely high enough.  I figure if I shim it up about an eighth it will give me some adjustment.

• I just cut a piece of scrap for a platform for the bridge to sit on.

I use washers from home depot all the time. Some volume controls end up with several washer on them to keep them from sticking up too high.

• another question, where can I get the washers and nuts on the input jacks?  I had to use two on the LPG or the jack stuck out WAY too far?

This reply was deleted.