Replies

• There's a photo of a simple CBG rack on my page.But if you have kids you would need to fence it off !
  • Hi, all:

Check out my blog http://totalrojoguitars.blogspot.com/ for a look at hangers I make for myself, and sell to those who are interested.

• Just put two photos of simple rack on my page. 4"x3/4" beech board (old shelf) 30" long, foot added at each end,
    4"x2 1/2" spacers screwed and glued to the top. Holds 8 cigar box guitars.I've now made 12 cbg's so I should have made it longer
  • the one with the 2 bendable prongs doesnt work. i have 2 and i flipped a a 2" cbg upside down on one and it doesn't hold the guitar firmly. you'd have to custom make a piece to go where the bottom would be. the reason is that the guitar wants to spring forward slightly from unbalanced length but not far enough for the neck to hit the wall. you could add a thicker block to the hanger but that requires extra screws. i made one similar to the hang em' high brand and it works perfectly plus it looks better.
  • Hey, thats a pretty good solution, I like that. Simple.
  • I get these knurled nuts at the hardware store.

Dan said:
    What do you use if the head and neck are the same width? No ears for the hooks to hook on...
  • I kind of like my collection of string-swings for more conventional stuff. The leather thong thing would probably be the best solution for the headstock style on many of these CBG's and it fits right in with the DIY style common here. At least one creative individual here has styled headstocks with a s-shaped hook built in too, but I cant find the pic right now.

• Matt Towe said:
    The Guitar Center leather straps just have slits so they just hook on the top tuners.

Matt

I suppose this would work since cbgs are pretty light weight.
  • The Guitar Center leather straps just have slits so they just hook on the top tuners.

Matt

• Turkish said:
    MichaelS said:
    You could hang it upside down! Not the traditional way of hanging a guitar, but hey its a cigar box guitar>
    I thought this sounded familiar!
This reply was deleted.