Guitar neck head ect

I am itching to make a six string guitar so I would like to buy cheap a guitar without a body basicly. I would take the neck, head, fretboard, and make my own body. I can think of going to a guitar repair shop or yard sales or pawn shops maybe to find what I need. Any ideas?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I found a strat type neck on ebay , it's brand is harmonia? It isn't a bad neck though, and it came with some ping style tuners for like $42... for the price, ya can't beat it , mezzy
  • Over the years Iv done a few 're-body' type builds and have found every time that its cheaper and easier to buy a full guitar and throw the body in the bin... plus you know everything works together to start with!
  • Thanks for the offer Ted. I keep in mind when I make another. I went to music-go-round and got an acoustic guitar for $20
  • Thanks Doc! I'll start scouring e-bay at once :-D
  • You can frequently buy new necks on ebay at reasonable prices - probably as cheap as getting a cheap guitar from a pawn shop. And the cheapest guitar at the pawn shop is more likely to have a messed up neck than anything else wrong with it.
This reply was deleted.