Hi All,

Was interested to find out if anybody uses guitar effects software, and what they use?

I managed to get hold of a copy of GUITAR RIG 5 PRO today.

My CBG sounds amazing running through it!

It also has a loop machine which is very useful, I can jam with myself now.

Hope to upload some tunes very soon!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Was using GarageBand on the iPad until the great iO6 update debacle; am now using AmpliTube Full, with all the amp models, cabs, and stomp boxes.
    • Thank's "Oily" I will take a look at Amplitude.

I'm strugglin to set up Guitar Rig at the moment, well its working but seem to be getting quite a lot of background noises and hiss....

My laptop probably isnt up to it!

• ive  used   guitar rig    4 and 5  ,  it's awesome  when  ya get it  dialed  in ..  but  can be a  pain  in the ass  if ya dont  save  your   good setting   and have to  set up  each  time .

alot of noise can be  hushed    wit  the  amp  moduals and   cross fades  etc  ,

and messin   with   effect   dials  ..  try  turning a few   components  off   (on the  right  )    to  find the  problem  ..  then  tweak  that  componet  .

i  dont use   git rig anymore   for that reason,,  and because it changes   your  sound  in  your  computer  for other normal   stuff  ,.

and  it can be a  pain in the ass   ;-)

• Thank's "anonymous pic"

Yeh I need to mess with it some more and tweak it a bit...

Definitely need another PC just dedicated to music, as you say it does change your settings for normal stuff.

Wouldn't mind getting an iphone with iRig,it looks great just watched a demo on youtube.....but cash flow problems...lol

What are you using now?

;~)

• lol.  now  i   just  set a computer  mic  in front of   my line 6   amp  .

• Probably the best way dude !

"Keepin it real"

I have an old LANEY Linebaker amp it cracks pops and hisses but I suppose it all adds to that rustic sound..I should try it out.

This reply was deleted.