Found these at my local dollar store. I now have a good-sized collection of vinyl sink stoppers. But the aluminum dtain strainers look nice, weigh nothing and can glue on or screw down. The larger one covers the 3-inch speaker hole in CB Gitty's anplifier kiy.

Wish I could buy the strainers only in bulk

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• On my first CBG I didn't give any consideration to dressing my sound hole.  Now that I'm aware of the possibilities, I will be more cautious before cutting.  I thought the below brass cover would make a good ornament for a sound hole...

Cover at Home Depot

• Ooh...brass! Both the brass and stainless ones look better after a brief session with a torch forces some discoloration....
      • sounds cool . I'm going to try that!

• Hi Michael,

I found a huge collection of sink stoppers at aliexpress.com. Some are very nice :)

Regards,

Peter

• I checked out aliepress and they do have an amazing range of drain filters. They would look great on a cbg. Thanks

• I like them.. the $ stores here only have the ones with the mesh and I don't really like them. have to look around for something like this..

• Those are great, I've found them too... These are my personal favorites:  

037155889303lg.jpg

My local Lowes has them for $3

• Yes , I use these too. I wonder what Lowes thinks when these are flying off the shelf.

This reply was deleted.