WooHoo!!!  I just to delivery of my Shane Speal "Field Holler" CBG that he was selling to support the costs of producing his new CD.  It is a clean and simple design, well executed...and, it performs better than it should.  While I've traded for CBGs from other builders, this is the first one I've laid out cold hard cash (ok, paypal) for...  and I am not disappointed.

If you get a chance to get one of Shane's rare builds, go for it.  They are sure to be a piece of CBG history and fun to have and play.  Now, I've got to check out Shane's "How to Play" vids again.   ;-)

the best,

Wichita Sam

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ordered mine today :-)

I've built a few of my own, but it's good to support other builders......and I become a fellow executive along with Sam on Shanes CD cover :-)

Set 1.jpg

• Thanks, Sam!!!

Lack of frills = more volume and tone.  I think I've really got this design down to a science... there's very little between the stick and the box.  Even the stick is scooped out so it only touches the box under the bridge.  This means the natural wood box can resonate as much as possible. 

I guess there's a reason I haven't changed this design in 16 years. 

Again, thanks for the endorsement!  Glad to have one in your hands, Pastor.

Shane

This reply was deleted.