Just picked this up as a garage sale.  Model 1448 guitar and amp case... guitar almost virgin with just a few stains.  Case has a couple of nicks, a cigarette burn and a hinge to be repaired.  Amp powers up, but just hums.....

So, what's it work and is it worth taking to someone to fix the amp?  Oh, btw, I get it for $ 15.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just to finish the story. Bought it at a church yard sale. Priced at $25, gave them $100.  Repairs cost $75.  Had fun with it and passed it on for $400.

A vintage guitar found and saved.

• Very cool find and nice save. We had one in a local shop a couple years ago, both guitar and amp/case in great shape. I told a buddy about it, and before I could make up my mind, he went and bought it. 

• Everyone realizes that this thread is more than five years old . . . right?

• Just had to take the fun out of it. LOL

• Awesome score. If you don't know much about Tube amps, don't go messing with it unless you want to go to the other side. :0  Take it to a good amp tech. Could be Tubes or output caps.

• Great find.,.,I got mine from the Goodwill thrift shop for $270.,.,they knew what they had.,.,the amp worked on mine.,.,I sold it a couple weeks later on Ebay for $600.,.,these go up and down in value.,.,great vintage guitars though.,.,and sound great with a decent setup.,.,.,yep I'm drooling over it.,.,sweet guitar.,.,

• Awesome - and what a steal! Happy for you! Please post a video playing this set up once you’ve got it repaired.

• That's the Bee's Knee's right there Sam, Awesome!

I do love G-Sales!!! Hitting some today and tomorrow :-)

• friggin  sweet  score  for  that  price  ..  these things     usually    go   for  $400  to  700 ish  depending  on condition  . 

• There's just enough "patina" on the case to prove it's age, but the guitar is in amazing shape.  It has generic control knobs and on tuner post doesn't match the set.  otherwise it is original and pure....

This reply was deleted.