Replies

• Wont be untill after the holldays.i can use maple or red oak. Oak easy to find. But it tends to chip. I have some brazilan cherry in hand.i can get some walnut cheep.
  • please do 251/2 its all i use 3/4 in. o wood wont break bank and there is too many 24 in. options for me at least 3 hope you post info soon im very interested thanks

• I figure depending on the wood 25$cost to50$getting into exotic woods.lack of frustration priceless.
  • Thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes out.

• Sorry cant type on my phone.i ment to say.when i get it all together.ill let you know.ill keep the costs down.they will be 24 3/4 scale.
  • I let you know im try to keep the cost .they will be down24a 3/4 scale.
  • i would love it good luck on woods i will buy many thanks.Slim

• Try Rockler they carry per-cut exotic`s, i usually get the 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 24" for my 1x2 fretboards.http://www.rockler.com/c/lumber-sold-in-pre-cut-lengths.cfm

• Yes putting out see if it was wroth making up a lot of fretboards.i have some brazilan cherry floorboards i rip down. I can get wallnut easy have Relly looked for rose wood yet.first of the year project.
  • Not sure what you're asking, but if it if anyone is interested in buying prefretted fingerboards of the wood you stated, I could be interested in Rosewood if the price is right. email me you're thoughts. Typically I have done 1/4" thick red oak o or pine, Lowes or Maynards doesn't sell rosewood without special ordering and likely not the size I would request anyway. But I am interested in knowing more. I did my first fretjob last month on a Padron build for a friend and found that it simply takes time, but it was not as difficult as I imagined. Thanks.

This reply was deleted.