When I built my first CBG I used a printed template to mark the frets, when I tried to build a cookie tin banjo I used another printed template. I know I saved the website to my favorite places but now nothing I saved gets me what I want and I can't find my orginal paper strip. Need help as my wife nows needs to do some frets.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I tried this address and got a site called "Tera-Byte". I clicked on the link given.
  • I tried this address and got a site called "Tera-Byte". I clicked on the link given.
  • HI,  I just want a template that I can print to use on my 3 string cbg. so far everything I see has a lot of calculations or they want to sell the info. I just want to print it, mark the places where the frets go and cut/install.

• Stew Mac has a fret calculator that is very easy to use...not a template but as long as you can use a ruler.....
      • Ok thanks.

• hey there fella's  Where can I get those fret templates. I'm not to hip on the% crap. I just need the templates so I can tape them on to the fret boards and mark my lines and be done with it. Thanks Rooster

• I sent you a PM.

• http://www.harpkit.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=... here`s a fret chart on a large piece of paper...2' x3' scale lengths from 13" - 31" with 1/2 in between. It can be used for guitars, dulcimers, banjo`s, mando`s, bass guitars. I`ve turned alot of builders on to this fretting chart over the years...very handy tool to have in the shop...more so if you like using different scale lengths.

• I've taken some sturdy paper and taped it well to your favorite guitar neck. Rub the side of your pencil on the paper and you got a fret guide. Tape this paper to a thin stick or old tsquare, cut little notches and your set....

This reply was deleted.