I have been looking around for a 4 string hard tail bridge that is NOT for a bass guitar. I wanted something, preferably in gold, that I could use for a 4 string CBG with a standard 1x2 neck. So, the string spacing has to be such that I can fit all 4 strings onto the neck.

I found some individual bass bridges, but I can't really fit them side by side without them being too wide.

I suppose I could make a tapered neck so they fit, but I was kind of hoping to stumble across a 4 string bridge where the low string to high string distance was in the 30mm range.

Does anybody know if such an animal exists?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• C.B.Gitty is getting them soon!

• Here's my solution...steel and brass combo

MSCrooks1

• Bezdez on Ebay. Has 4 string  bridge for CBG or mandolen . Both roller and standard strat saddles

• That would be the one.

Don
    Dan Sleep said:

• It may be bezdez.

http://stores.ebay.com/bezdez?_trksid=p4340.l2563

• Hey Don, whats the name of the supplier on Ebay?
    thx John
  • Here:   http://www.moongazermusic.com/bridges.html

I have used them. Very nice quality.

Don

• Hmmm...that's a thought.

Artist Formerly Known as Matt said:

Here's an option I just thought of since we were talking about these the other night.

Get a bass trapeze type bridge that has nuts holding the bar on .... remove the bar and replace it with a wooden or metal that fits.

Matt

• Here's an option I just thought of since we were talking about these the other night.

Get a bass trapeze type bridge that has nuts holding the bar on .... remove the bar and replace it with a wooden or metal that fits.

Matt

• A basic "hack" saw and file would do the work with a bit of effort.  I used a metal cutting blade on a saber saw.  Just take the bridge apart first.  Clamp or place the base in a vice and cut.
This reply was deleted.