Replies

• Pretty nice builds.  Only thing I would recommend is doing something to keep the strings from cutting into the neck on the tail end.  It is tough to keep a guitar in tune when the strings slowly cut the neck wood.  I like to use a piece of fret wire placed right at the string holes.  Very effective, nicely aesthetic and it helps your confidence about fretting should you choose to make guitars that way at some point.

• i use pop rivets for tail ends, they're cheap and work great! (-:

nice builds, Shawn!

• Bicycle spoke nipples work good too, and come in a variety of colors.

• agreed  ..  the   eye sleaves     off a  pop  rivet  work  well  too .

• The market is flooded right now with fret less builds, just go on ebay [ cigar box guitars ] pages and pages of builds.

• yeah  ..  but  his  price  is  right  .   ;-)

weird  thing  is  ..  my  sliders sell  better than  my  fretted  models  .. and    im  not alone  in  saying that .

the  old timers  and traditionalists seem  to  go  for the   sliders   or  fretless   (its  not like you could  order  frets  online    in  the   30's depression  era    etc  )   and  the  newbies    or  beginners   that cant   play  regular  guitar  well    get  into  cbgs  for that reason  and  prefer sliders     also  .

a year ago  i  would have  bet  on  the  fretted  ones   selling  better  ,,  thats why  i  added  them  .. 

im actually  thinking  of discontinuing  my  fretted models   at this  point  .  

• Your sliders sell better than fretted because you don't have ME playin' em...LOL.ha, that works both ways!
        >:-E
        • lol,  .. oily  ..  i  doubt  that,   .  bobby  pin  sales   prices   have   soared    cause  of  you  ;-)

• i may try building one or two  "budget" fretless acoustic models and see how they go, knock off £40 on electrics and hardware though a large part of my build budget is time! (-;

This reply was deleted.