When I started building CBG's I hardly ever saw anybody that had seen them before. 2 years later I run into more and more people that have seen em before. Florida is getting more involved in the CBG revolution!!!!!. I wanted to know how many members we have here at CBN are neighbors of mine? I live in central Florida and wondering how many other builders/players are local or in the same state. I know your out htere just not sure how to find you.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you will be near the Satellite Beach area, there is a nice pile of old, seasoned wood from old cabinets that looks awesome for making cigar box inspired instruments at the West end of Roosevelt near S. Patrick Drive.

• Thanks Phil for the curb alert, as it typically goes, 'it's where I'm not'! I'm on the other coast and can't get the wife interested enough for a day trip to 'just drive over and check out the area'. I hope someone finds it and puts it to good use.

• When homeowners and handymen tear out old kitchens in this area, the wood ends up on the curb for a special trash pickup. I always see old cedar (ooold bedroom chests, etc.) mahogany, mostly pine.

• Do you have a group that get together? I'm looking for builders in the Spring Hill area County line rd., us 41 proximity.

• Hi, I'm in Central Florida. I am just learning though. But I'm here. :) North Port. Between Fort Myers and Tampa. :)

• I know I'm years late responding to this but I'm a builder in Cape Coral myself - it looks like theres a few other folks in my same town...crazy! Would love to connect sometime....shoot me a response! Thanks!

• hi gator im a player from stuart glad to meet you

• Aloha, I am new to the CBG thing I cant play but I'M hoping that  will change. May we will meet some day and you could show me some riffs, Cheers here is where I am with my CBG.306135747?profile=RESIZE_320x320

• Aloha everyone not sure if this thread is still going but. I am just starting my first CBG. And I live in Melbourne,  Fl.

• Hello Greg,

I live in Bokeelia (Pine Island) from October to May.  Started building CBG's a few months ago.  Please drop a line if you when you know about open mics in our area.

Thanks

jim

jimfnh@gmail.com

Greg said:

Cape Coral. SW coast. I think I'm a lone wolf in these parts with the CBG. Everytime I pull one out to play people act like I've reinvented the wheel. I get up to Clairmont once in a while...my brother lives there....I've been trying to get him into this. He's a guitar player also so maybe we'll have another central Fl. CBG'er soon. If anyone ever plans on visiting this way give me a heads up. I know of several open mics and could probably get a gig booked at one of my hangouts I play at. L.J....The "Sunshine" room would be a cool idea.
This reply was deleted.