Hello everyone. First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for all of the information here on this site. It seems like a nice corner of the internet, and I have learned a ton from you guys. My journey into CBGs began with some 3rd grade science projects for my daughter and niece who had assignments to make a musical instrument. Since I "play" several stringed instruments and build stuff, it made for some good family time and learning experiences. We built cigar box ukes, strung with fishing line and various nuts, bolts and screws for the hardware. I soon realized I needed to make one of my own. Let's see if this works. I'll post more pics if it does. [img]https://api.ning.com/files/sxv5H5lPn5EyhnQjOJKUBprKrU6Ca0xDIQr1Dc6XDrKq8z9LZRBPWxVX8afUnwGkegdpX5XT9KX1NNwrimAc*nMjJjmEbzAz/CohibaLow.JPG?width=83&height=139 [/img] 25.5" scale Maple neck and tailpiece Aluminum rod for nut and bridge Aluminum rod for fret markers Piezo Pickup sandwiched between wood and hot glued under bridge Bass tuners reclaimed from an old Kent bass GDG tuning using ADB Martin Marquis strings. I'm having a great time playing and fine tuning the guitar. Haven't had the guts to glue it all together yet, so I'm getting some vibrations from the box and the tailpiece, but I'll do that soon. I'm so glad to finally have an instrument that I can play the blues on and sound authentic.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gorgeous work.
  • Pics look great, a nice guitar at any stage.
  • Ah, it happens!

Keep up the good work and keep posting the results!
    305707442?profile=original

turtlehead said:

And I posted this in the wrong forum. I'm off to a great start!
  • And I posted this in the wrong forum. I'm off to a great start!
  • Well I guess that didn't work at all. Not sure how to embed pics on this site, but maybe you could go to my photos and check it out.

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screen...

Anyway, thanks again to all. Keep on pickin' and grinnin'.
This reply was deleted.