OK, finally finished my personal WS # 200 .... I know that it was built out of order, but having never done a plank... well.... you know...

WS200.jpg picture by WichitaSam

the plank was from a 130 year old barn floor.... the seller said douglas fir.... probably right... not super hard and wanted to stain red.....

WS2005.jpg picture by WichitaSam

WS #200 features a maple neck stained to match, vintage looking tuners, galvanized nail head for position markers, a bolt on neck, a super hot wound pickup, a galvanized bolt for a bridge, corian nut, and volume control.  Finish it off with a drawer fitting for a control plate and string thru termination and you have a complete prim axe.

WS2002.jpg picture by WichitaSam

See more on a slide show... follow the link

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/WichitaSam/WS%20200%20plank/?action=view&current=5ff6db85.pbw&t=1271300942

the best,

Wichita (plank playin') Sam

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All things worth doing take time, or so I've been told.

Wichita Sam said:
    Thanks for all the props.... it was a fun build but took a lot more time preping the plank than just cutting into a CB....

the best,

Sam
  • Nice!!!!
  • Thanks for all the props.... it was a fun build but took a lot more time preping the plank than just cutting into a CB....

the best,

Sam
  • If you form a group then I will have to build a plank guitar, oh boy I don't think my wife can take another diversion...plank hunting!
    Oh yeah nice plank guitar Sam.

Roosterman said:
    Tis time we had a Plank builders group for sure....
  • Amazing guitar, I love the broken/gnarled look to the wood, like grandma's coffee table
  • Love guitars AND old barns!! win win... very cool Sam.
  • Really nice, rough end and control; plate is/are genius.
    PRH
  • I really like the planks, think i wil have to give this a shot. Nice build.
  • OK... I'm a junior member.... you form it and I'll brings the drinks......

Sam

Roosterman said:
    Tis time we had a Plank builders group for sure....
  • Tis time we had a Plank builders group for sure....
This reply was deleted.