the wife decided to buy a new fryingpan so i snagged the old one, seeing as i hadn't built a cbg style guitar in quite a while this was the perfect opportunity, 

10" fryingpan + a few piece's of an old school bench (beech) + a pbass pickup,

Views: 413

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here's one i made out of a slab of 5/8" thick alloy plate, a while ago,

Attachments:

Nice

Looks impressive can you show some key point pictures as you build it. How do you keep vibrations to a acceptable level and how is the buzz kept out of your build? I have a couple of stainless steel camp plates that I was thinking of making into a banjo/canjo type of cbg. 

Joe

Myron, not really sure what you mean by "vibration & buzz",

your s/s plate's will make a nice sounding banjo/canjo, just build it,

When I built my resonator I had to bolt my drain to the resonator plate otherwise it vibrated and buzzed. That's why I was asking if you would post pictures of how you were mounting parts, like the neck to the body, were or how the frying pan is installed. How the bridge is attached stuff like that.

Thanks for replying.

Myron, i'll take some more pic's for you tomorrow to show the setup,

Myron,

first i ground of the rivett's holding the handel on, used the hole's that were left for the vol/tone pot's, i still have to drill a hole for the jack socket,

made a cardboard template of the inner shape of the f/pan then made it out of hard wood, this is attatched to the f/pan with 2 screw's,

the rest you can probably work out from the pic's but any more question's just asl,

Attachments:

more,

Attachments:

more,

Attachments:

more,

Attachments:

last one,

Attachments:

Garage Hermit,

Thankyou, I have been scratching my head trying figure out how to make use of my ss camp plates. I had not thought of scribing for the bowl cut. The way you have attached and did a build up for the neck will help me out a lot. I can see why you were not getting any vibration or buzz.

I really appreciate what you have done and the effort. 

Once again, Thankyou

Myron Joe

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->