Hello this is my first cigar box guitar build and although I'm not building the traditional CBG I figure it might help some people with designs in the future. If everything works according to plan that is! The guitar I'm building is a 6 string with a unfinished electric neck made of mahogany and rosewood I'm using also using a rosewood acoustic guitar bridge for the strings. The only difference is I'm trying to make it as acoustic as possible without going outside of the box. I've got all my pieces together and have just started cutting spruce braces! I'll post some pictures later!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I finished it today!
    • Like it! Good work! The joy of these little boxes is the amount of variation that is possible. Hope it plays OK!

Paul
      • It actually plays very well it has a great acoustic sound!
  • Here's a picture of the wiring

image.jpg

• I know it's been awhile sense I uploaded a picture but I'm nearly done with the project now I did the electronics last night and glued the box shut
  • Today's progress. Cut the slot out for the neck and drilled tuner holes also reworked braces to fit exact width of the neck. Looks more like a guitar huh?

image.jpg

• Looks like you're off to a good start! Can't wait to see it finished
  • Here it is

image.jpg

• Mock up of what the bracing will look like. Gonna start glueing tomorrow. Spruce beams and oak will be under the bridge when the box is closed
This reply was deleted.