I have been pottering about in the workshop this week thinking about doing my first build - today I found some offcuts of astroboard which I use for making flightcases etc.And a few pieces of mahogany - so I thought right then , must be able to make at least a guitar and a stomp box - so based on the size of the panels I had - cut up the stuff and have enough to do 7 boxes - pics below will keep updating as I go.

More to follow as and when I get the time.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Guys

Got a bit sidetracked this week an made a stomp box

Just need the rubber feet putting on , tested through my 5w valve amp sounded great.

305737409?profile=RESIZE_320x320And have stuck it up on my website for £25 a pop - gives me a little profit but not a lot as they say.

Pile em high sell em cheap.

Regards

Tony

• I have a box of black plastic corners that I use on speaker cabs - that will do , hope to see at an open mic soon.cheers
  • coming on tony!! yep you gotta use Black knobs n corners, will look well cool

• Nah - will make loads of guitars in different configurations just for the hell of it.
  • Do a double neck with one neck fretted and one neck fretless. You will have the BEST of both worlds on one instrument!
  • As my dear lady was out for a while , did a little more

305737023?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024found a bit of mahogany for the next and a bit of amazique for the fretboard ?

305738709?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024and maybe the pickup i got from juju?

305739947?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Some black hardware and black corners - coming along slowly . found a roll of jumbo fretwire so should it be fretted or fretless mmm

• I think they look just fine! It's the way I would have done the same.
  • them orange ones look well nice tony

some nice black pickups n knobs would suit them real well

• True
  • That's just a good excuse to make some more!!

Tony Davies said:
    On reflection I suppose I should have have made them inside out so the ply is outside ah well.
This reply was deleted.