If you could spare 5 mins could you give some feedback on my first attempt, 5 pics uploaded, not perfection however still not complete, need to re cut black Formica as I'm a bit short. Any feedback on protecting it or do I leave it natural, was going to strip it down and French polish it, or wax???? Sounds good really surprised. Mahogany neck Maple fretboard Gibson pegs Partagas habana Cuba box Piezo twin pickup Black Formica head cover Bone nut and saddle. Aquila lava low G strings, I love these great sound

image.jpeg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is a nice lookin build.  If that's your first one, I forsee many great forthcoming.

Maybe a quick shellac finish to give it thatshiny but natural look.

• Nice uke. What scale length?

• Hey Kenneth, just saw your post. Nice build! Stringing her up like a classical guitar is kinda unique for CBGs. Really cool!

• Ahh a timber hitch on the bridge. Might give it a whirl.
  • I checked out the pictures. I like it.

I love first builds, I believe they have the heart of the builder in them. Kind of like a luthier fingerprint.

I almost fell into the 'tweak to perfection' hole with mine until I realised that it was the flaws that made it unique. I also don't want to build a 'better' copy of the first, instead, I want to build a 'different' instrument with each build. 

Happy carving! 

• I was tempted to do that and see my progression over the years, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, however I may well do as you say.
      Thanks for the comments
      Ken
This reply was deleted.