I really started working on it. I cut the box to fit the neck on both ends. Will then decide on how I do the headstock, make it, then will glue the freboard. I want to keep it simple, but do what it needs to play well and sound good. More to come

image.png

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've been working of the details of my 4 strings guitar, testing it with different tunings and with the Flatpup, and took the strings and tuners off today to apply the final finish on the neck.
    But today. i also received the "Psycho knob" I ordered from C.B.Gitty not long ago...
    So... I need to finish the guitar before I can try the board.
    Great kit btw. You just need to solder the wires to the pickup and the output jack, including a volume knob if needed.
    Here is a picture of the kit on the guitar, which now have a battery box and a plate for the output jack installed.
    The fun is coming...

IMG_3436.JPG

• I just taped the pickup to the guitar to do a quick test before I keep on working on the nut and the bridge and recoded a short audio with the guitar played with a slide.

It was just a test, not a real performance or a song...

I just wanted to give you an idea of the sound of the Flatpup on the guitar.

I love it. Nice fat sound. It has the same level than the single coil bridge Pickups on my Teles, but without the hum.

Untitled_Song2_Track1.mp3

• I like the way it sounds. Your going to have a lot of fun with that one.

• Always liked a Tele bridge with some distortion/OD and slide.

• Yeah, me too.

I had a double-humbucker for years for my Rock period.
          Then I built a Strat for my SRV years.
          Then I realised that the Rock I was listening to was Blues Rock...
          I started to play more and more Blues, built some Teles, then switched to slide.

So now, here I am... building cigar box inspired guitars...

IMG_3327.JPG

• Most of my guitars have HB's in them, but soon I'm going to have some P90's in a couple of gits as soon as I can afford to.

• Yes, I like them too.

I bought 2 P90s that I wanted to try, but stopped building guitars before I could use them.

I have a DeArmond with single coils that are supposed to be close to P90s, and they sound great...
              • Those are great for Surf style music or Rockabilly.

• And this is a Tele with the same amp in front of the iPad

Untitled_Song1_Track1.mp3

• I'll use the pickup as a guide for the strings spacing.

The 2 holes are for a volume control and a switch.
    I have a plate ready for the 1/4" jack

IMG_3325.JPG

This reply was deleted.