Replies

• http://windworld.com/products-page/electronic-hardware/
    My problem was hum and nothing I tried seemed to quiet it with these films. The cable must have gain in the preamp section. The very first one I have NOT tried but I understand they are self shielding. A number of violin players use the first one.
    Don
  • Do you have a pic of one of these type of peizo's?
  • I know what you mean Jef, but even without a preamp you can put a volume pot on (just not tone) and dial the vol back if your gat is overloading an input. I'd rather have the headroom instead of the incredibly frustrating experience of looking for more gain.
    So far only one of my piezo gats runs too hot for one of those usb guitar recording thingies. And that's got a preamp in it. Dial back the volume, done and dusted. But I've had others (bar-type piezos) that I'm having to turn up the input and then find I'm bringing up the noise floor and turning my sustain tails into white nastiness.

I'm sure there are others here, including you, who have made a better fist of in-bridge bar piezos than I have.
    take care Jef - I'm gonna find you a killer Jamaican box.

Jef Long said:
    this might not be a bad thing. the discs can easily be too loud
  • this might not be a bad thing. the discs can easily be too loud
  • I just happened to be researching this lately. The metal disks are supposed to be the loudest, then film, then cable last. The loudest spot to mount piezos is right under the bridge, so that there is some pressure on them from the strings.

Supposedly cable piezos are not loud enough without a pre-amp to increase the signal.
This reply was deleted.