just finished this yesterday.

sounds really nice.beechwood neck with black walnut fret board with frets.

bone what ever you call it? I've used a fancy hinge to hold the strings.piezo pickup etc.

the skull is my trade mark if you like.

the surface of the main body is very shiny almost like the real thing.

it had about 4 heavy coats of lacquer ,rubbed down with wet/dry and finished with rubbing compound and polish.

very pleased with the results 

the 1st picture show how I start the main body,cut out of a sold piece of wood etc.

Views: 875

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that  looks  great  man  ;-)

thanks mr picks for your comment.

as for others??

well let put it this way I shall not post any more up nor will I give a comments on others own cbgs.

thought we're all innit together but seems not.

so I'll just ask questions in future.

Seriously??

I like the guitar, great stuff.
You now owe me one quid pro quo comment and a 'like' or I'm going home too!

yeah seriously kid.

to some it may look like I've thrown my toys out of the pram but.....

the whole idea of putting pics up is to get comments whether good or bad.

let faces it we all like to hear what others think and say..

what the point of posting pictures if no one is going to say anything.

I know certain members won't say anything at all no matter how good it looks unless its their own.

I've sussed that out quite awhile ago.

many times    something  placed  in " discussions "   gets over looked ,  it only takes  4   replys  on  others to  bump  you  off  the   page  ,  some folks are  also  intimidated  in  clicking a file  links  to  look at  pics  .  (or too lazy)  ,or   are in a  rush  .  i  believe this is  why  Dan  helped you out and posted them  in  comments   for ya .

ps ... .usually ,  you  can  post  pictures   by  clicking   the  2nd icon    in the top  of the text area  you are typing in . 

you  may  also  want to  try  posting  pictures  right to  your  page  instead , and they  will  rotate  on the  front  page and be   more  visible . 

(in the picture  box  on the front  page  ,  click  (add photos "  in the  bottom  left  corner  .)

hope that  helps .  ;-)

Nice work John. I like the body shape. 

So is it a solid body or a hollow body? I like the way the body and headstock match!

hollow.see the body in the back ground.

the inside was cut out of a solid piece.

I know its not perfect it its the best so far.

the orange skull is my trade mark if you like.

not that I intend to sell them as a business but sell one now and again just to help pay for my hobby.

there's too many sellers out there anyway.

also further in the back ground you'll see ovation leave's ..that's my next project.

i call these a 'thinline', what Fender called it, although Rickenbacker and Gibson (among others) have also done this type of thing.

Beautiful finish, beautiful guitar Bro
Nice guitar John.

What brand rubbing compound did you use? (I am in the process of finishing a varnished telecaster body and was going to leave it with a dull finish but like the shine you have on your guitar).

I think the initial lack of comments are due to the decreased traffic the forums are getting at the moment (sunny weather so people out building rather than looking at the www, the site facelift makes it a bit harder to navigate (I cannot use the tabs with my windows phone so don't look at the site until late evening), Facebook CBG group has got busier to name a few examples.

Regards,
David L

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's video
6 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Ghostbuttons's photo
10 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
11 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Crazed Fandango's photo
12 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
24 minutes ago
BrianQ. posted a status
"R.I.P. Dickey Betts, Thanx for the memories!!!"
44 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to Rich Butters's discussion UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's
"Ever heard of The Godfather of cigarbox guitars? He has a one stop shop store complete with all the…"
49 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
"Here’s a video, if you’re not into lengthy reads? …"
1 hour ago
T-Gripped liked Ghostbuttons's photo
1 hour ago
T-Gripped commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

"Cool shot with those wildflowers in the background and your wonderful instrument leaning against…"
1 hour ago
T-Gripped liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
1 hour ago
T-Gripped commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Yowzers! Awesome!!"
1 hour ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->