Hello, Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question but I have been searching for info on extending the piezo pickup wires, not found anything. Should I be concerned with doing this, what is the best way? Hope you can help! Regards Ed

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ted, Ta for the help, I sw your video the other day, its very helpful, take it easy, ed

• I buy bare piezos and solder the length of wire I need.  When I started, I bought piezos with presoldered wires, but they were always too short and I desoldered them and resoldered my own.  With a little practice, it's very easy:

Ted TV - Soldering piezo hookup wires 

Find more videos like this on Handmade Music Clubhouse

• Ta for your reply, will get onto to soon, ed
  • Just solder on an additional piece of wire and use some heat shrink tubing to cover the joint.

• Hi, will give it a go, thank you for your reply, ed
    • I found it was easier to remove the short wire and solder on the length I want, don't have to use heat shrink that way and only one solder joint

• Meant 'the' not lid......!
  • Morning, thanks for lid reply, I got mine from eBay Uk, not got three wires only one red and one black (not encased). I was thinking of just soldering off the old wires and start fresh from that disk. I will see if I get any other replys, may just try it! Thanks again Marcus.
    Kind regards, ed
  • Hi
    I just made my 1st one a coupla days ago. Guessing you are using the same cheap piezo I got at Radio Shack. I just cut one of the 3 wires off and soldered an extra piece on the other 2. Works great....no buzz or hum. I was really impressed.
This reply was deleted.