I could never get on with glass slides, too thick, i have tried many metal ones in various lengths and thicknesses and always gone back to my old chrome 42mm x 19mm (inner)  x 1mm  i've used for years, even on 6 stringers!

I found a Brass slide on ebay marketed by Yamaha which had exactly the same dimensions except longer so i decided to buy it as a standby. The one that came looked roughly finished so i decided to buff it up with a wire brush attached to an electric drill, great "roadworn" result, and shorten it to the 42mm length of my old slide but cut it at a slight angle (42mm / 44mm) so it would sit more comfortably i hoped!

Great result, fits my ring finger more firmly and less "resistance" at the finger joint which had really got on my nerves sometimes...there ya go - one ergonomically designed brass slide! (-;

New "roadworn" ergonomic brass slide on the left, old slide on the right...(picture distortion has made them look a bit stubby)

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 305920864?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 305923677?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• check  these out 

305920765?profile=original

and  their site http://www.jetslide.com

• AAAAARRRGGGHHH...! (-8

(-;

• that look  scary   or somethin  

?  lol   was that the half     slide  you  were  talkin  bout ?

• that's like it..scary trying to get the thing off..! (-;

maybe it's my ring aversion since i heard this story...

a soccer goalkeeper jumped up for the ball and in mid flight caught his wedding ring in one of the hooks holding the net on....pop! ...makes me feel creepy just thinking about it ...that's gotta hurt..owwwch! (-8

(-;

• Ծ‿Ծ wa ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

305919604?profile=original

• Then, of course, there is the diabolical 

John Pearse Edge Slide:

305920511?profile=original

• http://silicasound.com/

305921089?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• slides seem to have a whole scientific interest here, maybe we could set up a group for them? (-:

"Anyone can grab a hacksaw, cut a piece of pipe, chrome it if desired, and call it a slide."

...yep! ...and it will work the same and only cost a few pennies (-;

the silliest one i ever tried was a "half-slide" chute shape with a metal band going round it, damn thing nearly sprained my finger, despite the "thousands of satisfied customers" statement they refunded - must be some strangely disfigured players out there! (-;

This reply was deleted.