up until now (15 builds) i have done all my work with hand tools on my lap and my shopmate bench - i have a dremel xpr400 and think i would like to have a router to do grooves for nuts, saddles, truss rods, sound holes, etc., but i don't know enough to know whether i need a plunge router attachment or the router/shaper table - thanks in advance for your help.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I use a base on my dremel to router out sound holes and such and find it fast and smooth for this. I also use a rotozip spiral bit with it. Keep a firm grip on it, as it will try to run on you with this bit at lower rpm's
  • Oh, I thought you were looking to add tools to your existing arsonal

rich gallagher said:
    i guess i should have been clearer - i'm asking for the choice of the dremel router accessories - plunge or table?
  • i guess i should have been clearer - i'm asking for the choice of the dremel router accessories - plunge or table?
  • May I recomend a basic trim router? They are about a 1/3 the size of a conventional router. I find it more useful than the bigger counterpart. I bought mine for about $35 as a recondishioned tool from an outlet mall. I love it. It came with a router base attatchment as well. Will accept 1/4" bits as well.
This reply was deleted.