Replies

• It turns out I was concerned about nothing! The pre-amp won't come into contact with the neck. The box is deep enough that the pre-amp will go underneath the neck. I was worried about having to notch the neck on the side

• You'll also have to think about the surface being curved instead of flat since they were made for the side of a acoustic guitar.

There are some flat ones, but don't know if Gitty sells those yet.

• Gitty's mention that there was a slight curve, but with two extra screws and a foam shim it would work. I ordered two flat ones that are coming on a "slow boat from China"! Hopefully they work! Thanks.

• Nick over at CB GITTY was gracious enough to measure off one for me, so now I can figure out if my idea will work. Thanks everyone!

• I don’t know how high in inches, but it can’t stick out more than any other preamp? Maybe there’s measurements of the specs on the site?

• Thanks, I was just hoping someone had one installed for a quick answer? Most specs give overall dimensions. Not a big deal. Thanks

• Hi Will, that could depend on the many different types out there. Some are flush level with the guitar side, some sit on top of the guitar side. All the ones I just checked are 5mm off the face of the preamp for sliders and 7-8mm high for knobs. Most were under 10mm high off the guitar side, but varied.

some preamps sit on top of timber some are recessed.

Hope that makes sense Taff

• Thanks Taff, I was referring to the one CB GITTY sells.

• I thought you was talking general. Best ask him then.

This reply was deleted.