Per my previous post about stomp boxes, I (as usual) fixate and then proceed without having a clue as to what I am doing.

I've watched a few vids, about both speaker-driven stomp boxes as well as making pups out of small transformer coils. Haven't dived into the pups yet, so right now my questions are about using a speaker as what, a transducer?

So, is resistance important? I have a number of speakers, from small 1x2.5 oval 3.4 ohm, to 3.5" 4 ohm, and 4" 8 ohm. And one Big Boy, a 6" 8 ohm that weighs about 5 pounds. Does any of that matter? Ohms? Diameter?

My plan is to run straight to a jack, then thru a 7545 preamp and then to a practice amp.

My questions in the previous thread still stand. Thinner/thicker wood top, general box size, etc.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  I have been wanting to do this experiment, but I haven't had the time. I did, however install a couple of phone microphones in a couple of CBGs when I started. I didn't know what I was doing and neither worked. Have more success building guitars and low-z and medium-z pickups. Currently working on learning about pre-amp, amp and effects pedal building. Electronics in general. Someday. Let us know your results if you beat me to the experiments? 

Ray

• Sure thing...

This reply was deleted.