I bought a RadIo shack piezo 1/4 jack and pickup buzzer. I see plenty of instruction and discussion on how to wire the pickup/ placement but I need some help on the drilling of the hole and reinforcing the jack on a fairly thin cookie can guitar. Any and all help appreciated!! My thoughts are drill the hole and attach nut but seems could be flimsy without some kinda reinforcement. Im not sure I'm searching right on cbn because this subject has to have been covered. Thank you.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Take a piece of 1/4" or 1/8" ply and cut a small square about 2" x 2" and drill your hole through it. Put the ply on the back side of you cookie tin and mount your jack. It will take the length out of your jack also so it's not protruding out of the tin so far, if you want you can glue the ply to the tin to stable it up even more. If you have room for a bigger piece of ply the bigger the piece the more stable. Quick and easy :-) 

• Great. I'll need to experiment... Definitely a trial and error thing but this seems like a great idea. I've been using mainly round tins so I'll need to somehow curve the jack placement or use the top or bottom on the tin.
  • Use epoxy glue to stick a patch of thin ply on the inside of the box before you drill for the jack 

• Try a fender washer.

This reply was deleted.