Trying to make disk sander from drill. One idea was to make Switch N Lock Drill Mount and put plank front of it. 

Bigger problem is drilling tune-o-matic bridge holes bigger in 90 degree. I have drill stand. Drill is

too far a way from holes. Bridge bolts is in US standart. Hole is for japanese copy. Hole is 6mm

I need to make it 10mm. Drill guide block is too closed to see how deep I drill. 

Craftsman drill guide is right thing. Problems is that in estonia I can only buy

craftsman lawn mowers. Wolfcraft don't produce drill guids with chuck anymore.

I can buy in store Wolfcraft tecmobil  

I'm not sure if  tecmobil guide really helps drill in 90 degree. I have both corded and cordless drill.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For years I've taken my old single speed black & decker clamped it upside down in a vise mounted to my work bench. (Be sure to protect the drill by putting an old rag/carpet piece between the steel jaws.) Tighten enough to hold the drill firmly in place but not to tight to damage drill. I also do the same thing w/my belt sander, turning it into a bench sander. Hope this helps!

• I'm not vise the drill. I made Switch N Lock Drill Mount.

Vise is bad Idea for drill etc.  If someone modifies clamps can make something like this for cordless drill.

I have to upload pictures from my camera to computer. Right now I can't show my drill mount.

• Hole on body is small. Not the hole in bridge. I have corded drill with 41mm collar.

Tecmobil what is in estonia  on sale are without chuck. It's meant for corded drills with 43mm collar.

4522000_FS01.jpg

• The Tecmobil looks similar enough to the Craftsman. I think it would drill holes at 90 degrees. The only problem might be how to hold the tune-o-matic bridge in place while you're drilling. Maybe something like putting a board in the bottom of the drill guide and using double sided carpet tape to hold the bridge to the board.

I think the Switch and Lock drill mount would work for a disc sander, if you put a board in front of it like you're saying. It could also make a great pickup winder!

• Hi,

I haven't tried these products (I have a cheap bench drill I use) but recently watched this video on youtube showing how to make 90 degree holes with a cordless drill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ58uj6RwSQ

• This method what is shown on youtube only works once or two. Because drill bit damages wood .

• Anyone ever used Wolfcraft tecmobil  ?

This reply was deleted.