I never much wanted a double neck guitar.  Sorry, double neck fans, they seem too flashy and 'look at me' for an intermediate level player like me. 

But.....  I use 2 tunings:   GDg and DGB.   Between the two, I can do a lot and produce different styles and tones.   But to change things up, I am too often changing guitars.

What if I made a 2 banger?   Would I feel like a pretender?  Would they/ it play well?   Would my whole life be better? 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm planing a 5 string with two bass string and standard 3 g with sep pickups and jacks
  • The clear advantage to a two necks is when you use a looper so you can have lower and higher tuneing
  • a double neck could be useful. I Change guitars alot in a show. 2 CBG's tuned to different keys. less down time between songs

• Hey guys, this has been a fun forum and I have learned quite a bit.  I am convinced double neckers are practical and highly usable.   That they can be function, not flash.

But my fave cbg thing is the relic style.  I want my playing gits to look like they could have been made by some poor guy who probably wished for a factory guitar, but could not play one.   Like something I built almost 50 years ago and still have today.  

So good wishes.  I hope to see some photos and vids of your doubles.

John

• Hey there UJ want to tune my stockings?305810369?profile=original

• I don't know UJ.  I wouldn't worry too much about the labels.  If you could use a double-neck, I say go for it. 

I've never played one or really thought about building one.. since I only use one tuning it just wouldn't be useful to me.  If you get around to building it, please share some pics!  I'd love to see it.

• Jim in Tuscon,

Here ya go (they're all from this TrendHunter story on Yoshihiko Satoh):

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/yoshihiko-satoh-guitar-sculptures

Google and Bing are amazing search engines ;-)

• OK FRET HEADS NAME THIS DOUBLE NECK WIZZARD? CLUE I don't think he ever heard of standard tuning and sadly he is no longer with us.305814932?profile=original

This reply was deleted.