I'm planning a 4 string and intending to make my own box. I haven't had a chance to even see an actual cigar box guitar in person yet! I'm wondering if a square shape feels weird on your leg. I know it's going to be a lot lighter than my Epiphone Les Paul, but am wondering if it's a good idea to incorporate some curves on that side of the box?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The leg doesn't bother me at all. 

I find that I tend to rest my arm on the box and the edges and corners dig into my forearm a little.

• My Sawzall boxes weigh in at 9-11 lbs.  I find them pretty easy to play seated, but standing for a long time can be a challenge.

10422366_567041586732652_2525741609693517087_n.jpg?oh=24d6ad9c006f2ca2e9117c4489ec901e&oe=557CE1F2

• That guitar looks so much cooler when you see someone playing it.

• Thanks Rob.  Hopefully we see someone in Chicago playing the electric version.  Shipping today.

• They weren't 'burbs 100 years ago...;-)
      • Less than that!  I have pulled out a couple black locust fence posts and rusty barb wire from the property lines.  The old farm dump was the drop-off behind my barn/workshop.  Lots of rusty bits back there.

• Love the snow, the fire, and your overalls . . . it completes the vibe!

• Thanks Jo.  I'm a farm boy living in the suburbs.  I do my best to work hard and have fun outdoors, but it can be difficult on 1 acre of land.

I got sick of having two feet of snow in the yard around our back patio so I took the snow blower out and cleared out an area big enough for a little outdoor cooking.  We had the neighbors over for a few afternoon brews in the sunshine and the kids were jumping on the trampoline behind me.

• A true outdoors person does the outdoors thing no matter what, right? Even in the suburbs and whatnot.

• unless  we are talkin about  something  like  this  beast   .

306432301?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024this  will    give  ya  the  nick name  "blue leg Jo"  in a hurry  ;-)   great  sustain tho  ;-)

This reply was deleted.