OK I know this is stupid but last night I was wondering do Atheist sing the Blues about the Devil.. Or go to the Cross Roads and make a deal... Maybe if he waits long enough he'll get the blues from waiting?

Anyway just thinking out loud again...

Views: 353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about the agnostic, dyslexic who lays awake in bed at night wondering what doG looks like?
Don't forget Santa Claus! He seems to have plenty of heartfelt songs sung about him....
I thought Atheist supposedly do not believe in God, Devil or any deities, donno, I suppose Atheist could sing the blues as well as anyone else, it's not something that I've ever given much thought to or probably ever will again. (:>}

Lou.
Beer said:
I know the sound of one hand clapping. I can actually do that. Really.
I am a Bible Thumping Christian beliver, and I belive it comes out a bit in my music, all though, I don't have much music to claim fame too. But I would like it to come out in my music. The blues? Just singing about hard times is what I consider the blues. You can feel low and sing the blues. I would even but David of the Bible as one of the first blues singers, he sang sad songs in a sense "The Psalms" and he would pretty much feel better after wards. He would sing songs about how crappy he felt and talk to God about it, but then normally turn to the other cheek and know that God was still there and showing in the way through his hard times..
I'm a rather secular person, and as such I don't normally do "gospel" material... Still, some of those are just good old songs and I've been known to chip in on tunes like "let the circle be unbroken"...

Lots of truly great music has been religiously inspired; it's hard not to appreciate Bach even if you didn't know most all of his stuff was written with religious usage or themes in mind.

I don't have any problem with supernatural elements in music (like those pesky Hell-hounds) just as I don't have any trouble watching Buffy or Supernatural. I don't believe in vampires or demons, but they make for fun entertainment.
Hmmmm,..........."Hell Cats" maybe???

Craig Bellaire said:
HELL Dogs... I guess that would leave Hell Dogs out as well.... No Hell, No Dogs...

PS: what do Hell Dogs eat? Just Wondered... hhhmmmm
Hell Cats... That's funny.....
If they can make a buck at it...
Went down the crossroads

With my CBG in my hand

Offered the gift of picking

By some illusion generated by my auditory processing areas and optical cortex in conjunction with other cranial functions influenced by an underlying evolved pattern of seeking resolution to outputs of a complex environment in order to place self within said environment and social order, and integrate one of many myth based belief systems within that order with my particular science influenced operating system, that illusion being the Devil in the shape of a man
gee you got all bases covered, there is no third world since the cold war ended. usa-1st world, ussr-second word, anyplace else that wasnt a nuclear power 3rd world (england was the third world) and not all native kids are "jungle bunnies" natives in canada , south dakota, and siberia for example. you really should get out more.

Mortimer Snerd said:
Hogs, this happens to Muslim kids, Chinese kids, and even third world native jungle kids get the good spirit bad spirit speach. Can't blame the parents. It's just culture.

HOGS GRUNT said:
Because when we are children, and are still learning the ways of the world and life, it is rammed down our throats.
At that age you have a very good memory so it kinda sticks where you don't want it.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Darryl Tuttle posted a photo

Old portable heater

This will an awesome battery powered amp, if I ever get it done
7 minutes ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Niall McCracken
5 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
5 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
5 hours ago
Southern Ray left a comment for J. D. Woods
" If you are interested in building your own pickups, I wrote a blog about how I make my…"
7 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
8 hours ago
Niall McCracken is now a member of Cigar Box Nation
11 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
12 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
22 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
23 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
yesterday
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
yesterday

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->