Replies

• I turned an old hard drive into a guitar

306599183?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?122166-Luthiery-...

check this out similar ideas for you guys.

• That's cool beans.

• I went to Dell online but all they had was medium grit drives and I was looking for extra fine.
    • medium grit is fine Kigar, unless the material has a high pixel count

• Leather with some green rouge would be superb for honing/polishing edged tools as well. Corrupt your data???
    (If it won't shave, it ain't sharp enough to carve!)
  • Aluminum plate will score and develop valleys while glass will remain level. This probably will not take a great deal of pressure, but this is really more of a finishing/honing/polishing devise instead of a heavy grinder. Speed is more important than pressure in this type of sharpening, but too much speed can cause enough heat to develop to ruin the temper of the tool. Don't EVER let the tool edge turn color unless you know how to retemper!
  • Now there's hack I may have to try. I have a few spare drives hanging around and I could use a sharpener for my small tools.

• Upscale it with an old record player, it might be slow but changing sandpaper grit would easy peasy and there's 12" of it.
    You could even attach stuff to the arm for stability and even edges.

At last, something useful can come from Barry Manillo LP's

• Just make sure you use an older hard disk... The newer and laptop ones use a silicon disc (glass)where the older ones are aluminum, like in the picture...
This reply was deleted.