Replies

• use the biggest disk you can get and put 1/2in. foam between the disk and box. A cap across the output can cut highs

• thnx for all the advice people..after taking it all on board ive decided to try the acoustic route. got myself a bud mini keg roughly the same size as my vox busking amp,,just gotta design n build a pedal now. will post rresults!
  • Try a cajon...turned on its side...built like a horn...you can make one from plywood...
  • Like Milt, I spent many months trying different approaches to getting a good bassy stomp box. I tried a piezo in a box. A speaker in a box. A mag pickup in a box, etc. In the end, I used a Puckn Stomp device with a kick pedal assembly. It worked pretty well, but when I added a used (cheap) Digitech RP50 pedal to modify the sound to what I wanted. You can pick them up for under $20 on ebay and they are programmable which is what you need to finally tame the bass sound.

It's a noble quest, but you can spend a lot of hours in the search for perfection.

• What are you plugging it into? You really need a PA or a bass amp for a decent result  - they generally have a flatter response than a guitar amp, plus the ability to tweak the EQ and a big speaker is the way to go.

• Getting a good bassy sound is very difficult to do. I spent a year off and on trying to accomplish this. Tried many different things. I finally gave up and bought a Porchboard Bass. Not cheap but works very well. Good luck.

• Try mounting a 2 or 3" speaker in a box - fastened to the piece you stomp - the speaker becomes a pickup.

This reply was deleted.