Well, because of the lack of downloads and the gaps between new episodes Mypodcast.com is shutting down the podcast and deleting the archived shows.  I have struggled with tech problems with them and other free hosting sites. I personally can't afford to pay for a hosting site so i think it is time to let it go. I also believe there is lack of interest from the cigar box guitar community.  I have a few faithful followers who enjoy the show, but I think most folks are more interested in building and selling cbgs than playing them or supporting the musicians who play them.

If you want episodes for yourself I would get to the site and download them before they are gone.

http://jokerscbgpodcast.mypodcast.com/

For those of you who want to support cbg music and musicians I encourage you to listen and support Rev. Nix and his live online radio shows devoted to cbg's.

http://www.cigarboxradio.com/

Thanks to all who supported the show, contributed music, and encouraged me along the way.

Joker

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just found read about this in Cigar Box Guitars.... Was very excited, only to find it no longer available. Bummer!!

While excited to try and build a few, for me it's more about the music!

Tm
    • Tom, all if the podcast episodes have been archived at archive.org. Just go there and search joker cigar box guitar podcast and you'll find them all. Maybe someday this can be revived, but I just can't seem to find the time to keep it running. I have committed most of my time to writing music, performing and recording with my band "7 Hills Stomp"(along with my day job) and taking care of family.
      Hope you can find the archived shows. Enjoy!
      • THANKS!!  I'll check it out... and your band!

Tom

• re-enjoying number 2, thanks for the info.

• Is this where a post and say "good riddens!"

just kidding, you where and important part of the cbg movment...wish your where around more

• Still am an important part, just more regional than "world wide web".  You remember when there was only about 5 guys selling on ebay.  Red Dog, Bluesboy Jag, Catfish, Daddy Mojo, and Joker CBG's?

It was exciting then to build a couple and sell them.  It helped pay for my equipment and podcast hosting subscriptions.  I never wanted to get into hardcore competition in sales, so I gave up trying when everybody and their brother flooded the market with CBG's.

It was always about the music for me.  So 7 Hills Stomp has played 5 years in a row at the Huntsville CBG fest and the past 2 in a row at the York Fest.  We've recorded 2 full length albums and a "Live at The Flying Monkey" cd.  Along with 2 albums with my side project "Stoned at the Alamo", which features some cbgs and diddley bows on tracks.

The Joker never went anywhere, I just spend more time writing, recording, and playing music than social networking.

I do miss our online youtube colabs though.  I think it's about time to do some of those again!

• I defiantly remember ebay, only about 20 or 30 hits on cigar box guitars and you were one!....now its up to 1000 hits empty boxes and Chinese made guitar tuners!!!!

the market is flooded for sure!

• I see 5 episodes, is that correct?

This reply was deleted.