Dave passed away on Friday AM, 9/17/21. Thanks for all the well-wishers before and after his passing.

Dave, a friend to many on CBN and a good old rascal has been ill and AWOL from CBN. 

One of his home town (Duluth, Minnesota) friends messaged me today on FB and told me that his condition has been worsening.  

Dave hurt his back a while back and then got some better and went to music event with friends he had not seen for a while due to Covid.   Dave was joyous to go.   Shortly after that event, Dave got Covid.   

I thought Dave had got his vaccinations, but I may be wrong about that.   The poor guy also got hit very hard this year with the death of a loved one.   

Dave is a generous giver of his talents in music, CBG building, drawn and painted art, and pottery and SLIDE making.   He is known to draw cool art on packages he mails -such as slides and pottery.   

Prayers and good thoughts may be a big help.  Also include his sweet wife, Yannis.  

Views: 1968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for that link, Pick.  I was not sure how old Dave was.  76- would have been 77 on November 28.  You know, he was active and doing well until a couple or three months ago.  So he had him a long, active, productive and generous life.  So much art, music and fun.   More than most get by far.  Well done, Dave Lynas.

Well said John.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

2021 Throwback Holiday Build-Off Contest!

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by John Joseph Deck on Saturday. 45 Replies

Squaring the neck

Started by Fantacone Box Works in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Nov 19. 16 Replies

Completed Builds

Started by ThePracticalPeasant in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Derek Waters Nov 5. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

Uncle Enos CBG Banjo Build

Posted by Greg on November 29, 2021 at 7:24pm 1 Comment

To Reach the Chord

Posted by Rich on November 12, 2021 at 10:20am 0 Comments

Seasonal build contest?

Posted by smilingdog1 on October 29, 2021 at 9:20am 9 Comments

Latest Activity

Uncle John commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
Thumbnail

01 CBG Build #42_Dec 5 2021

"He did plenty then!"
54 minutes ago
3 String Blues posted a photo

-The Liberty Bell -

--------------------Let Freedom Ring!from the website -…
1 hour ago
Mike Willmouth commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
Thumbnail

"He did one tour to Afghanistan a few years ago and came back and got into full time recruiting. His…"
2 hours ago
Mike Willmouth commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
2 hours ago
Randy S. Bretz posted a video
3 hours ago
BUGGY (C) posted a video

Blooz

iz a feelin
3 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
4 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's photo
4 hours ago
Uncle John commented on A.D.EKER's photo
4 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked BrianQ.'s photo
4 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Mike Willmouth's photo
4 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
Thumbnail

"Great present. Good on your son and I bet you feel some relief having him be a civilian."
4 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->