i just got one the other day and im having so much fun with it no more waiting on tubes to warm up or cool down. lol first thing i did was ad a 1/4" jack and run it to a single 10 cab and im runing a fab od in front of it when i want to dirty it up a bit. btw im not much onthe gain knob but if you crank it all the way up it gives some nice od tones.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I love the little Honeytone amp.  Mine now lives in a biscuit tin, lined with MDF and foam.  I run it with a bit of reverb and it sounds great. I wasn't sure whether it would cope with a bigger speaker, so I left it with the original 3-inch unit.

305803927?profile=original

305805030?profile=original

• thats a great idea for battery powerd amps wow my cube thru a 4-10 cab

• sodbrother said:

Having heard all the great reviews on the Honeytone, I bought one the other day. Played with it for about 15 minutes and took it apart. I'm installing it in a Cigar Box and want to add a 1/4" going out of it. Anyone have suggestions on properly doing so? Do I just replace the headphone jack with the new 1/4"?

Thanks,

sodbrother

Hi. Just saw this, and I had been wondering the same thing. I found this page http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/honeytone.html and it has many modifications you can do to your Honeytone, including that one. I haven't done this yet myself. Seeing the date of your post, I may be entirely too late, and you may have even found that same page yourself. But I figure that somebody else will have the same question someday, and hopefully they'll stumble on this post and find it helpful.
    • Bought one today and a nice pile of blues harps.  It is pretty sweet.

• Having heard all the great reviews on the Honeytone, I bought one the other day. Played with it for about 15 minutes and took it apart. I'm installing it in a Cigar Box and want to add a 1/4" going out of it. Anyone have suggestions on properly doing so? Do I just replace the headphone jack with the new 1/4"?

Thanks,

sodbrother 

• Since my last post on March 22nd , I have since moved my little operation down the hall in the same MALL closer to the hall's entrance.I now buy my amp's and pickups MYSELF,so I own 100% of each amp and pickup sold.
    At this point the little pickups I'm selling for less the $15 and the Amps at the MSRP of $39.99.In my old location, where my former partner is now, the amps sell for $45, so I'm a bit cheaper.
    Volume wise this amp will BLAST its way down the hall and DEMANDS attention,and gets it.
    I kinda think some of the volume probs folks are having with this amp is possibly pickup related maybe.
  • Possibly , the little clip on pickups we use may be any difference as far as feed back. we do get feed back some here and there , but its not a big problem.
    The clip on's we sell are marketed as violin tuners.Their available thru jobbers on the net and can be bought in numbers making it possible to even make a few bucks on each unit.
    Most prices were around the $5.50 to $7.95 area per unit.
    We sell them right now for $15 and have had NO problem with sales. My partner now wants to raise the price up to $18,we'll see.It's something we will have to discuss.Personally , I think $15 is a fair price.
    I like making money, but I'm not trying to make ALL the money, if that makes any sense.
  • Thanks for the post. I had never heard of this amp. and only $20.00 or so.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • This looks like the way to go!!
    joe cerroni said:

Here's my Honeytone I put in an Oliva box. Sounds good through the wood.

• I was thinking about this amp as well. If you take out the guts you can stick it in your favorite Cigar box for a cool cigar box amp.
This reply was deleted.