Da Blues

Yo... it's alright, what yous guys are doin here, but... I think u need to get some *&% straight. go down to the source for Christs sake! Robert Johnson and Elmore James should do ya. if u want a get slick quick... check out Rory Block http://www.roryblock.com/ get yer groove on first! an then get back 2 me about blues damn; Unc

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alot of cigarbox guitars are 3 string very similar to the Greek bouzouki, so is it really all about the blues? Get over it and yourself and move on man.
  • Blind Joe Reynolds!
  • I didn't see any mention of Mance Lipscomb in this hall of fame.

Josh Gayou (SmokehouseGuitars) said:
    Well, since you want to start somethin'...

Mississippi Fred McDowell

Leadbelly

Leadbelly, goddamnitsomuch

Mississippi John Hurt

Johnny give ya chills if you let him.

Blind Lemon Jefferson

Alright. What do the rest of you have? Show your cards. Name of the game is Post an early 1900's Delta Blues Legend. No repeats, now!
  • Rory Block will be performing in central Virginia soon. Thinking about going. What's up with coffee shop venue?

Bluesheart said:
    Well hell, ya got me lookin at pictures of Rory, and now you want me to think too?? Ain't fair play !
  • 2 months of 7 trees full of cicadas. When one tree dies down the other gets louder. Somedays this will last for 6 hours. That drone is chock-full 'o' the blues.

but i might be a day late and a $1 short on this discussion!
  • Blind Melon Chitln
  • Under Ground in Texas... Try Bugs Henderson.... American Music says it all...
  • Rory Block... Yea that's funny... I saw her at the Son House Charity benefit in Rochester, Ny.. She knows her stuff BUT she's also full of her stuff.... So I think the Full of her stuff over rides the knowledge she has..... of course I could ask all the other 75 people there who actually knew who she was..
  • if you just plat the roots you miss all the good modern players, like thorogood, strip it down you ll find its still the roots

Uncle Blues said:
    Thas right...
    an all im sayin is
    things get a bit skewed
    i wuz lookin at shpeals videos of how to play
    an im afraid any body who is new may get wrong info
    ,,, i been playin blues for 40...
    an there is a very important root to blues
    ... as it is today...
    its a revival...
    but let's not screw it up in the process...
    Guys like Alan Lomax made it broke it down.. thank god.
    But, I think ... the closest thing yer gonna git to early blues is maybe Robert Lockwood jr --- an he jus passed recently...
    watch the video- Lightning in a Bottle
    Josh.. u r good

Josh Gayou (SmokehouseGuitars) said:
    Well, since you want to start somethin'...

Mississippi Fred McDowell

Leadbelly

Leadbelly, goddamnitsomuch

Mississippi John Hurt

Johnny give ya chills if you let him.

Blind Lemon Jefferson

Alright. What do the rest of you have? Show your cards. Name of the game is Post an early 1900's Delta Blues Legend. No repeats, now!
  • BLIND WILLIE JOHNSON
This reply was deleted.