Replies

• Thanks Mark. Yeah I always go thru their catolog. I'm going to check it out. Lenny

Mark Werner said:
    A couple of weeks ago, Harbor Freight (importers of Chinese-made tools) had a pretty decent hole saw kit on sale for 4 bucks.
    These may not be the best tools in the world, but this one came with saws from 3/4" up to 2 1/2", two drill bits, and a plastic case; seemed to work just fine for my mandolin.
    They have a forstner drill bit set for less than the price of a single bit from most other outlets.
  • Thanks! I have to try and find one of those.That looks like it would work.

BrianQ. said:
    You can use this hole saw, it's used for cutting holes in doors.
    you can find em' @ any hardware store. cut a couple practice
    holes beforehand,though. sizes are about 3/4" up to a couple
    of inches big,all in one kit.
  • A couple of weeks ago, Harbor Freight (importers of Chinese-made tools) had a pretty decent hole saw kit on sale for 4 bucks.
    These may not be the best tools in the world, but this one came with saws from 3/4" up to 2 1/2", two drill bits, and a plastic case; seemed to work just fine for my mandolin.
    They have a forstner drill bit set for less than the price of a single bit from most other outlets.
  • You can use this hole saw, it's used for cutting holes in doors.
    you can find em' @ any hardware store. cut a couple practice
    holes beforehand,though. sizes are about 3/4" up to a couple
    of inches big,all in one kit.

HoleSaw.jpg

• Thanks Les
    Youv'e given me some diff idea's. The forstner bits might be the best for me.They do have alot of sizes. Thanks! Lenny

Les said:
    If you want to use your dremel tool, you could pick up their circle cutting attachment - difficult to use with small diameters. Or pick up their router attachment, and make a base plate with a following collar and a series of templates similar to an inlay cutting kit. But it might be easier to pick up a forstner bit set if you are looking for small diameters.
This reply was deleted.