Custom inlays

I’m starting a build for my brother in law and could use some help. He is ex Army Calvary and a Purple Heart recipient from injuries sustained in Afghanistan. I’m using an expired Purple Heart license plate of his to build a guitar and I wanted to incorporate the Calvary symbol of crossed sabers in the build. My thought is to make custom inlays of the symbol in the fretboard, but this is beyond my ability. Where can I look to find someone who could do it? I’ve reached out to a few people I know but I’ve had no luck. Im hoping someone here can help!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Custom inlays here https://www.rothkoandfrost.com/inlay-c30/custom-inlays-c46 and I am sure there many other places.

• Hi, I don't know where you are, but I would do a google search for "custom inlay". 

With such a meaningful project it would be nice if you could the job yourself. Practice on scrap. You only need a jewellers fret saw and a bunch of blades and needle files. You could inlay  using a Dremel type tool, or if you put it on the peghead it could go flat on top of the timber. If you  get the design cut you will still have to inlay it, unless you send the fingerboard away too.

Just a thought Taff

This reply was deleted.